Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Operations Management
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 115
Mariia Petryk is an assistant professor within the Information Systems and Operations Management Area in the Costello College of Business at George Mason University. Before joining George Mason University, Dr. Petryk received her Ph.D. in information systems and operations management from the Warrington School of Business at the University of Florida. Her research interests include emerging technology management, digital and mobile platforms, blockchain, and social networks.
- digital and mobile platforms
- social networks
- emerging technology
- economics of AI
- Ph.D. Business Administration - Information Systems, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida
- Ph.D. Statistics (Minor), Statistics Department, University of Florida
- M.S. Economic Cybernetics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
- B.S. Economic Cybernetics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Research and Awards
- Mariia Petryk, Liangfei Qiu, and Praveen Pathak, “The Impact of Open-Source Community on Cryptocurrency Market Price: An Empirical Investigation,” Forthcoming at Journal of Management Information Systems (FT 50).
- Mariia Petryk, Michael Rivera, Siddharth Bhattacharya, Liangfei Qiu, and Subodha Kumar, “How Network Embeddedness Affects Real-Time Performance Feedback: An Empirical Investigation,” Information Systems Research, 33(4), pp. 1467-1489 (UTD 24, FT 50).
- Certificate of Outstanding Achievement (2022), University of Florida
- Grinter Fellowship (2017-2020), University of Florida
- Scholarship and full tuition waiver from the Ministry of Education of Ukraine (2009-2015), Ministry of Education of Ukraine