Develop expertise in global business and technology with a graduate certificate in global IT leadership from George Mason University.
Gain the skills necessary to lead the IT function in a global organization and examine the cultural issues that contribute to differences in work environments.
Mason’s graduate certificate in global IT leadership equips you with an understanding of the leadership complexities and unique issues associated with leading the IT function on a global scale. Throughout the program, you’ll learn why it’s important for IT leaders to understand the organizational and leadership opportunities and challenges of doing business globally.
The program focuses on emerging markets, providing a rich learning environment where you will explore business differences, similarities, and technology trends. You’ll also be exposed to the unique issues of managing global IT operations and leading global IT teams: supply chains, networks, information systems, and company platforms are connected globally and subject to the legal, regulatory, economic, and cultural constraints of operating across borders. This program starts each April and applications are due on February 1.
Students who complete at least two global IT leadership certificate courses with grades of B or better will have their application requirements for Mason’s Master’s in technology management program reduced, and certificate course credits can be applied towards your master’s in technology management degree requirements upon acceptance.
Request More Information
To learn more about Mason's graduate certificate in global IT leadership, submit this form:
Frequently Asked Questions
Earning a graduate certificate offers several significant benefits that make them appealing to professionals seeking to further their education. Among the most important of these include:
- Maximize Your Time and Money
- Develop a Specific Skill Set
- Advance Your Career or Make a Career Change
- Preparation for a Graduate Degree
- An earned baccalaureate and/or graduate degree from an institution of higher education accredited by a Mason-recognized U.S. institutional accrediting agency, or international equivalent, verified from official transcripts.
- A minimum of three years of full-time professional work experience in a technology-related field.
- Applicants must have an understanding of business fundamentals. Sufficient evidence would include one of the following:
- Undergraduate business degree or business minor
- Graduate business degree, or
- Special approval from the Program Director based on the nature of work experience.
There is a $75.00 application fee. If you are a George Mason University School of Business alumni, please contact Kavon Williams at email@example.com.
College Transcript Requirement
We require unofficial copies of your transcripts for application review. You can upload these to your online application. If admitted, you must submit official transcripts prior to the last day to add/drop courses in your first term.
- Upload a copy of your current resume with your online application.
Diversity is one of Mason's core values; everyone is welcome here. Mason was recently named the most diverse university in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report. To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at Mason, visit the university's DEI website. Visit this page to learn more about DEI at the School of Business.