Management Information Systems Concentration
Mason's management information systems (MIS) concentration is designed to meet the market demand for graduates who can design and manage technology-driven business solutions. Through the MIS concentration, you will learn to:
- Leverage information systems.
- Improve business models and processes.
- Oversee supply chain operations.
- Manage database systems, networks, and websites.
- Make appropriate corporate investments into business technology.
- Manage complex technology projects.
Mason’s MIS program prepares you for a range of career options that intersect people, processes, and technology.
Learning Goals for MIS Concentration
- Apply knowledge of information technology and business functions to understand its application in assessing, designing, and improving business processes.
- Become aware of the uses of technology in business.
- Communicate effectively.
- Increase knowledge about the legal environment of business.
- Learn how to be critical thinkers.
MIS faculty mentors can provide additional information on information systems jobs. For more information about the faculty mentor program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.