The finance minor provides students with a strong foundation in areas related to corporate financial management, investment analysis and management, risk management, management consulting, banking, and other financial institution administrations. The minor is designed for non-finance business concentrations, as well as students with majors outside the School of Business who are interested in a possible career in finance.
The minor requires the successful completion of 15 credits (five courses) with a grade of C or higher. Some of these courses are already required by other undergraduate majors at Mason. Sophomore standing (30 earned credits) is required to begin the minor courses.
The minor in finance is available to students in any major at George Mason University. Students will need to meet all required prerequisites for each course.
Program at a glance:
- Focus is on the fundamentals of finance
- Available to non-finance undergraduate majors
- 15 credits (five courses)
- Requires sophomore standing
- Note: FNAN 303 must be completed with a B- or higher to be eligible to complete all minor courses.