Walk the Actual Walk. Gain a Broader Perspective
Experiential learning is a staple of the Mason MBA. You have the opportunity to seamlessly connect your studies with the contemporary business environment.
Our MBA faculty members incorporate daily opportunities to connect business theory with reality and advocate real-world learning. High-impact activities outside the traditional classroom setting allow you to integrate theory with practice—to advance your leadership and management abilities.
Inside the classroom, role-playing, simulations, projects, and guest speakers are used to illuminate learning from textbooks, lectures, and discussions. Some professors also use the Harvard case study method in their instruction—which means you study the same cases Harvard business school students encounter in their program, derived from actual business situations.
An integral part of the MBA program is the opportunity to gain an invaluable global perspective—and a rich appreciation for other cultures and points-of-view. Each component of the program explores the role of management in the complex world economy and examines the risks and opportunities inherent in global commerce. This is underscored by the required three-credit MBA 795 Global Business Perspectives course which includes a week-long global residency.
You use your creativity and problem-solving skills to address the kinds of challenges you experience on the job, no matter which industry or where in the world your career takes you.
- Teaming & Leading: Our graduates will demonstrate the team leadership and interpersonal skills needed to form, lead, and work effectively on diverse organizational teams.
- Analytical Decision Making: Our students will demonstrate the ability to analyze uncertain complex management situations using appropriate tools, techniques and information systems for decision-making.
- Knowledge of Functional Business Disciplines: Our graduates will demonstrate knowledge of all core functional areas of business and an ability to integrate them into a meaningful firm level perspective.
- Communication Skills: Our graduates will demonstrate written, oral and presentations skills necessary to explain problems and solutions effectively and persuasively.
- Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility: Our graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment of management and business social responsibility.