Programs of Study
The Mason MBA program requires 48 credits: 30 credits of core courses, a 3 credit global requirement, and 15 credits of elective courses. Students complete the degree program in as few as 20 months. Classes are in the evening, two days a week.
To learn more about the curriculum for our fully online MBA, click here.
- MBA 603 - Managerial Economics and Decisions of the Firm
- MBA 612 - Managing Costs and Evaluating Performance
- MBA 613 - Financial Reporting and Decision Making
- MBA 623 - Marketing Management
- MBA 633 - Statistics for Business Decision Making
- MBA 638 - Operations Management
- MBA 643 - Managerial Finance
- MBA 653 - Organizational Behavior
- MBA 662 - Management of Information Technology
- MBA 678 - Strategic Management
Students must take one of the following global courses:
- MBA 795 - Global Business Perspectives
- MBA 716 - International Business Strategy
- MBA 717 - International Finance
- MBA 718 - International Marketing
After completing the core curriculum, students take fifteen credits (5 courses) of electives. You may select to focus in one area of the curriculum by choosing to take more than one of your electives in one area of emphasis. The areas of emphasis allow you to gain additional expertise through an integrated set of electives.
The Mason MBA currently offers the following areas of emphasis:
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- International Business
- Project Management
A limited number of courses from outside the MBA Program or through the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area may be taken as electives with the permission of the program director.
Please refer to the University Catalog for the most current course descriptions.