One of the many advantages of being close to Washington, D.C., is the number of internship possibilities you have access to—and we’re not just talking about on Capitol Hill.
Yes, there is the Department of Justice, CIA, and The Washington Post. But there are also 15 Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of tech companies, nonprofits, think tanks, and museums, where you can apply your classroom knowledge, test out a possible career choice, and make valuable contacts.
Our goal is to assist you through your career development process. Mason business school students and alumni retain access to our career services for life.
All Mason business school students have access to our Career Management Organizations under the "organization" tab in your Blackboard account. There you will find:
- Resume & Cover Letter Tips
- How to Preform Career Research
- Networking Tips
- Career Presentations
- Interview Practice
- And more!
If you're not sure how to begin, schedule an appointment to talk to a career consultant.
Call 703-993-2140 to set up a 30-minute appointment for in-depth career questions. Students and alumni who are not in the area may request a Skype or phone appointment.
Walk-in meetings are typically 15 minutes in length. These meetings are designed for quick questions and resume critiques. Sessions are held in Enterprise Hall Room 038.
Mondays & Tuesdays - 2 to 4 p.m.
Thursdays & Fridays - 10 a.m. to Noon
Note: During the summer, hours may vary due to orientation events. Please call ahead. In the winter, hours may vary due to weather or university closures. Please check the School of Business Buzz blog or call our office for the most up to date walk-in schedule.
- HireMason: Connect with George Mason University's job/internship search and networking platform.
- CareerShift: Search multiple career sites and job boards at once. Use your Mason email address to create a free account.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Obtain information about hundreds of different occupations and skills required.
- Vault: View industry and company profiles as well as career blogs and guides. Use your Mason email address to create an account.
- Passport Career: Identify international job/internship opportunities in up to 150 countries.