Build a foundation in finance.
The finance minor introduces you to corporate financial management, investment analysis and management, risk management, and other financial institution administrations.
Designed for non-finance business concentrations and students with majors outside the school of business, this minor is for anyone interested in the possibility of a career in finance.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Available to undergraduate students from all majors, except those pursuing finance concentrations.
- Requires sophomore standing
- Requires the successful completion of 15 credits (5 courses) with a grade of C or higher, except FNAN 303, which must be completed with a B- or higher. Some of these courses are already required by other undergraduate majors at Mason and some can be used to meet Mason general education requirements.
- Students will need to meet all required prerequisites for each course.
How to Declare a Minor
1. Download the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor Form
Download the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor form from the Office of the Registrar.
2. Meet with an Academic Advisor
Schedule a meeting with one of our academic advisors to review requirements and prerequisites. Bring your minor declaration form to the meeting to obtain the required advisor signature
3. Submit Your Completed Form to the Office of the Registrar
See this guide to ensure the correct routing and facilitate faster processing.
Office of Student Success and Academic Services
Enterprise Hall, Room 008 (Lower Level)