Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Program at a Glance
- 12 credits (4 courses)
- Spring or Fall start
- Fairfax campus or online
- Complete in as few as 2 semesters
- Credits fulfill MBA program electives
Pathway to MBA program:
- Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business analytics can be applied towards the Mason MBA program upon acceptance into the degree program. Applicants completing at least two certificate courses with grades of B or better will have their application requirements for the corresponding degree program reduced should the student decide to pursue the degree program.
About the Program
The amount of data flowing from, to, and through enterprises of all sorts is large and growing rapidly—more rapidly than the capabilities of organizations to use it. Successful enterprises are those that make effective use of the abundance of data to which they have access: to make better predictions, better decisions and form better strategies.
Business analytics involves analyzing data for business insights and encompasses a wide array of methodologies and techniques—from collection, organization, reporting and mining of data to extraction of useful and actionable information for the decision-makers.
The School of Business Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics will help analysts and managers in marketing, accounting, and other fields to effectively analyze big data through the hands-on use of modeling and other techniques using popular software tools.
Admission Deadlines and Application Requirements
Certificate Course Requirements
Students must complete 12 credits to complete the graduate certificate in business analytics:
- GBUS/MBA 738: Data Mining for Business Analytics
Elective Courses (Choose three)
- GBUS/MBA 720 - Marketing Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 739 - Advanced Data Mining for Business Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 721 - Marketing Research
- GBUS/MBA 740 - People Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 744 - Fraud Examination
Academic Calendar/Sample Schedule
Tuition rates are subject to change each academic year. If you are enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the same per-credit tuition cost for the graduate certificate in business analytics as you are paying for your degree program. If you are not enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the MBA per credit tuition rate for the graduate certificate in business analytics.
This program has been approved for veteran benefits. Please direct questions to the Office of Military Services at 703-993-1316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the graduate certificate in business analytics, please call us at 703-239-2670.