Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Program at a Glance
- 12 credits (4 courses)
- Spring or Fall start
- Fairfax campus
- Complete in as few as 2 semesters
- Credits fulfill MBA program electives
The amount of data flowing from, to, and through enterprises of all sorts is large and growing rapidly—more rapidly than the capabilities of organizations to use it. Successful enterprises are those that make effective use of the abundance of data to which they have access: to make better predictions, better decisions, and form better strategies.
Business analytics involves analyzing data for business insights and encompasses a wide array of methodologies and techniques—from collection, organization, reporting and mining of data to extraction of useful and actionable information for the decision makers.
The School of Business Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics will help analysts and managers in marketing, accounting, and other fields to effectively analyze big data through the hands-on use of modeling and other techniques using popular software tools.
Click here for program application deadlines.
Click here for program application requirements.
Certificate Course Requirements
Students must complete 12 credits to complete the graduate certificate in business analytics:
- GBUS/MBA 738: Data Mining for Business Analytics
Elective Courses (Choose three)
- GBUS/MBA 720 - Marketing Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 739 - Advanced Data Mining for Business Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 721 - Marketing Research
- GBUS/MBA 740 - People Analytics
- GBUS/MBA 744 - Fraud Examination
Academic Calendar/Sample Schedule
- Click here for the 2020-2021 academic year calendar
- View the sample 2020-2021 schedule and course sequence here.
Pathway to MBA program:
- Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business analytics can be applied towards the Mason MBA program upon acceptance into the degree program.
Pathway to MS in Management program:
- Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business analytics can be applied towards the Mason MS in Management program upon acceptance into the degree program.
Tuition rates are subject to change each academic year. If you are enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the same per credit tuition cost for the graduate certificate in business analytics as you are paying for your degree program. If you are not enrolled in a graduate degree program at Mason, you will pay the MBA per credit tuition rate for the graduate certificate in business analytics.
For more information on the graduate certificate in business analytics, please call us at 703-239-2670.