Today’s demand for accurate and honest financial reporting fosters an unprecedented need for accountants in all industries. Mason's accounting concentration prepares you for accounting careers in public, private, and governmental accounting.
With a concentration in accounting, you will learn:
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Tax accounting
- Accounting Analytics
- Professional responsibilities and ethics
- The accounting profession and its role in business
Accounting faculty members can provide additional information on accounting careers. To learn more information about the faculty mentor program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Goals for the Accounting Concentration
- Record, analyze, interpret, and communicate financial and non-financial information for users of such information in accordance with applicable professional authoritative literature.
- Become aware of the uses of technology in business.
- Communicate effectively.
- Increase knowledge about the legal environment of business.
- Learn how to be critical thinkers.
Accelerated MS in Accounting
The accelerated master of science in accounting is designed exclusively for high-performing students pursuing a BS in business with a concentration in accounting. Students can earn both a BS in business and an MS in accounting in just five years, while working toward the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements.
- For School of Business accounting concentration students
- Take two graduate courses that apply to BS and MS degrees
- Take up to four graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Learn more
A++ Advanced Accelerated Accounting Program
The A++ program allows students to complete the requirements for a bachelor of science in business with an accounting concentration and master of science in accounting degrees in four years. This accelerated program creates an achievable pathway to complete undergraduate and graduate degree requirements, as well as meet CPA credit requirements in four years.