Organizations need managers that can lead people, think strategically, and create successful organizational environments. The management concentration teaches you how to:
- Motivate human capital
- Encourage teamwork
- Identify competitive advantages
- Build and change organizations
- Negotiate effectively
- Think strategically
- Engage in consulting
- Start a new business successfully
- Manage people and organizations
- Succeed in diverse and multicultural work environments
Mason's management prepares you for business management careers in both the public and private sectors. Offering a wide variety of management courses, you can tailor the management concentration to a specific management career path such as human resource management, entrepreneurship, or management consulting.
Management faculty mentors can provide additional information on business management careers. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Goals for Management Concentration
- Integrate key components of human resource management (including selection, training, compensation, strategic human resource planning, performance evaluation, employee relations, and employment law).
- Become aware of the uses of technology in business.
- Effectively communicate.
- Increase knowledge about the legal environment of business.
- Learn how to be critical thinkers.