Marketing focuses on knowing and understanding the needs of the customer and delivering value to the customer. As a Mason marketing student, you will learn how to:
- Develop new products
- Build a brand
- Set prices
- Create marketing communications and promotions
- Manage customer relationships
- Analyze consumer behavior and market trends
If you’re interested in advertising, digital and social media marketing, product development, brand management, business development and sales management, marketing analytics, or business and federal government marketing, then the marketing concentration is for you.
Marketing is fundamental for the success of all businesses. Mason's marketing concentration offers a wide range of marketing classes enabling you to tailor the program to marketing careers in marketing analytics, marketing communications, business and federal government marketing, sales management, nonprofit marketing, new product development and brand management.
Marketing faculty members can provide additional information on marketing careers. To learn more about the faculty mentor program, contact email@example.com.
Learning Goals for Marketing Concentration
- Produce an acceptable marketing plan
- Demonstrate understanding of the social, global, ethical, and legal contexts of business and be able to reflect on the role of the individual in business
- Demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to apply knowledge of professional skills necessary in business, including effective business writing
- Demonstrate technical and analytic skills appropriate for success in business
- Demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to apply knowledge of core business disciplines
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills appropriate for specialization in the concentration
- Demonstrate an understanding of how research in business disciplines contributes to knowledge and how such research is conducted