The Office of Student Success and Academic Services in the School of Business has a staff of professional academic advisors who are available to meet with you as you navigate your business degree requirements. To best prioritize health and safety of our entire community, for the fall 2020 semester we will be offering our full range of services through a virtual format. These services include:
- Virtual Appointments: One-on-one appointments with your advisor through video conferencing technology. Please click here to access our online scheduling portal.
- Evening Advising: Available on Monday and Tuesday evenings from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters (not available during summer).
- Email: email@example.com
- Events and programming: we offer a range of virtual events and engagement opportunities throughout the semester. Be sure to check your masonlive email address often and the event calendar on this website, as information will be shared in these places!
During our Peak Advising time, longer wait times can be expected as we have a higher than average demand for advising appointments. Please note that available appointment times may be limited during this period.
The fall 2020 Peak Advising dates are:
- August 20th - September 1st
- October 26th - November 13th
The fall 2020 Regular Advising dates are:
- September 2nd – October 25th
- November 14th – December 19th
- Location: Enterprise Hall Rm 008
- Phone: 703-993-1880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (IMPORTANT: all emails must be sent from your masonlive email account)
Events and Workshops
The Office of Student Success and Academic Services offers numerous virtual events throughout the semester. These include:
- Student Engagement Series: a sequence of events throughout the semester to connect you to the School of Business and George Mason University.
- New Student Welcome: A fantastic opportunity for incoming School of Business students to meet their academic advisors and learn about what our team does.
- Registration Awareness: A full week of outreach and events to assist you in selecting your courses for the upcoming semester.
- Student success initiatives: programs to guide students through the development of successful study skills.
- Study Abroad: Learn about various opportunities to explore our world.
- Diversity initiatives: seminars, workshops, and discussions on diversity within the business environment.
- Major/Concentration focused: various information sessions and workshops sponsored by our academic areas.
Be sure to check your masonlive email regularly and review the School of Business Calendar of Events for more information on dates, times, locations, and registration for events and workshops!