The Office of Student Success and Academic Services in the School of Business has a staff of professional academic advisors who are available to meet with you as you navigate your business degree requirements. To best prioritize health and safety of our entire community, for the summer 2021 semester we will be offering our full range of services through a virtual format. These services include:
- Virtual Appointments: One-on-one appointments with your advisor through video conferencing technology. Please click here to access our online scheduling portal.
- Virtual Walk-ins: No prior appointment needed. Please click here to enter the virtual session. Available:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Events and programming: we offer a range of virtual events and engagement opportunities throughout the semester. Be sure to check your masonlive email address often and the event calendar on this website, as information will be shared in these places!
Summer 2021 Advising:
During the summer semester, George Mason University hosts a variety of student programming and related events, including our New Student Orientation series. As a result of this, our academic advising team is not always available during our regular hours. Please be sure to call 703-993-1880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the advising hours for your chosen date.
- Location: Enterprise Hall Rm 008
- Phone: 703-993-1880
- Email: email@example.com (IMPORTANT: all emails must be sent from your masonlive email account)
- technology delays: our virtual services could experience delays if the university is experiencing technology issues. An advisor will follow-up with you if this affects your appointment/experience.
Events and Workshops
The Office of Student Success and Academic Services offers numerous virtual events throughout the semester. These include:
- Student Engagement Series: a sequence of events throughout the semester to connect you to the School of Business and George Mason University.
- New Student Welcome: A fantastic opportunity for incoming School of Business students to meet their academic advisors and learn about what our team does.
- Registration Awareness: A full week of outreach and events to assist you in selecting your courses for the upcoming semester.
- Student success initiatives: programs to guide students through the development of successful study skills.
- Study Abroad: Learn about various opportunities to explore our world.
- Diversity initiatives: seminars, workshops, and discussions on diversity within the business environment.
- Major/Concentration focused: various information sessions and workshops sponsored by our academic areas.
Be sure to check your masonlive email regularly and review the School of Business Calendar of Events for more information on dates, times, locations, and registration for events and workshops!