MS in Finance
The Fall 2022 application is now open. Apply today!
Position yourself for greater success by earning a Master of Science in Finance from George Mason University. Our MS in Finance prepares students for careers in large industrial corporations, commercial banks, investment banks, and portfolio management companies.
Program at a Glance
- Complete in 1 year or 2 years
- Fall start
- 33 credits
- Online - Synchronous delivery
- 8-week module courses
- Engage in a capstone experience managing a live investment fund
Through the MS in Finance program at George Mason University, you will learn:
- The skills necessary for financial planning, portfolio management, and mitigating risks.
- How to communicate analysis results, recommendations, and solutions to problems to finance professionals, clients, and top executives.
- How to value and budget complex long-term projects, ones that are large scale (i.e., valued in billions of dollars) and involve multiple entities.
- How to manage large portfolios for mutual funds or pension funds.
- How to value and issue financial securities.
Our students will be prepared to analyze complex financial issues (e.g., debt and liquidity crises, and asset risk) using quantitative and analytical methods and techniques. They will also be knowledgeable and skilled to navigate diverse regulatory environments at the state and federal levels of government.