MS in Finance
Application Status: The MS in Finance application is coming soon! Please fill out the form on this page to speak with an admissions representative and stay updated on when it becomes available. Thank you!
Event Alert: Join us for our upcoming virtual MS in Finance information session on Thursday, April 22, 2021, from 6 - 7 p.m. EDT.
Position yourself for greater success by earning a Master of Science in Finance from George Mason University. Our MS in Finance prepares students for careers in large industrial corporations, commercial banks, investment banks, and portfolio management companies.
|1-year completion (full-time)||33 credits||Fall start|
|2 years completion (part-time)||Online - Synchronous delivery||8-week module courses|
Through the MS in Finance program at George Mason University, you will learn:
- The skills necessary for financial planning, portfolio management, and mitigating risks.
- How to communicate analysis results, recommendations, and solutions to problems to finance professionals, clients, and top executives.
- How to value and budget complex long-term projects, ones that are large scale (i.e., valued in billions of dollars) and involve multiple entities.
- How to manage large portfolios for mutual funds or pension funds.
- How to value and issue financial securities.
Our students will be prepared to analyze complex financial issues (e.g., debt and liquidity crises, and asset risk) using quantitative and analytical methods and techniques. They will also be knowledgeable and skilled to navigate diverse regulatory environments at the state and federal levels of government.