Business for a Better World Center
A Center of Excellence in the George Mason University School of Business
Today’s challenges cross disciplines, cultures, and national borders, and they will only be solved if we work together. For the sake of our planet and people across the globe, George Mason’s School of Business commits to remaking business education. The School’s Business for a Better World Center prepares the leaders of today and tomorrow to tackle complex issues across areas such as education, health, and the environment. Guided by the United Nations’ 17 Global Goals, Business for a Better World engages leaders, shapes business education, and prepares tomorrow’s leaders to act with people, planet, and prosperity in mind.
In recognition of our efforts, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), our accrediting body, selected the Business for a Better World Initiative as one of its prestigious Innovations that Inspire award winners in 2019.
At the Business for a Better World Center, we:
- Educate the next generation of leaders ready to take on the world’s complex challenges
- Produce knowledge that transforms business “as usual”
- Bring together leaders across sectors to exchange ideas and generate new ways of doing things
- Change the world for the better by actively engaging in action-oriented partnerships with organizations and communities
- Lead an international movement to reshape business education for the world
Our Co-Executive Director, Lisa M. Gring-Pemble, talks about the Business for a Better World Center and the Honey Bee Initiative with The Emerald Planet.