- Digital Economy - Theoretical & Empirical implications of digital goods and services.
- Decentralized Economy arising out of Blockchain Technologies.
- Combinatorial Optimization problems in real world applications e.g. - Combinatorial Auctions.
- Economic applications of Machine Learning.
- PhD, Purdue University
- MS Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
- MS Economics, Purdue University
- MBA, IMT Ghaziabad, India
- B Tech, NIT Allahabad, India
Dr. Abhishek Ray is an Assistant Professor in the ISOM Department at the School of Business, George Mason University. Previously, Dr. Ray completed his PhD in Management Information Systems from the Krannert School of Management, Purdue University. In addition to PhD, Dr. Ray holds an MS in Economics and an MS in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University, a B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from the National Institute of Technology Allahabad and an MBA from IMT, Ghaziabad, India. Prior to joining the program, Dr. Ray worked for five years in the IT Consulting industry. His research interests are in the domain of digital & decentralized economies as a result of evolving technologies, mechanism design & game theoretical policy problems in online platforms and computational problems arising due to big data. His methodological training is in economic theory, linear & non-linear optimization, operations research and machine learning. His work has been featured in international conferences such as ICIS 2017, IEEE Blockchain 2018 and EVOCOP 2018. He is a member of INFORMS, POMS and SIAM.
- Ray, A. and Ventresca, M., 2018, April. “An Ant Colony Approach for the Winner Determination Problem”. In European Conference on Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization (pp. 174-188). Springer, Cham., Parma, Italy, 2018.
- Ray, A., Ghasemkhani, H. and Kannan, K.N., 2017. “Ad-Blockers, Advertisers, and Internet: The Economic Implications of Ad-Blocker Platforms” Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, Seoul, South Korea, 2017.
- Ray, A., Ventresca, M. and Wan, H., 2018, July. “A Mechanism Design Approach to Blockchain Protocols.” In 2018 IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings) and IEEE Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom) and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom) and IEEE Smart Data (SmartData) (pp. 1603-1608). IEEE.