Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Operations Management
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 106
Office Hours: By appointment
Dr.Sabari Karmegam is an assistant professor in the Information Systems and Operations Management Area at George Mason University's School of Business. He completed his PhD in Information Systems from the Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland. Before his PhD, he worked in the IT industry for over a decade, managing large IT programs. His research interests lie in Digital Strategy and Online Platforms with a focus on Mechanism Design and Institutional Norms. In his research, he studies settings that have remained relatively under-explored in IS research, such as online matrimonial platforms and ebook platforms for schools and public libraries. His current portfolio includes one published paper at Information Systems Research (ISR) and several work in progress papers. He teaches undergraduate-level courses in data mining, business analytics, and database management.
- Digital Platforms
- Online Mechanism Design
- Economics of IT Law
- IT Outsourcing
- PhD – University of Maryland, College Park
- PGDCL – NALSAR University, Hyderabad, India
- MBL – National Law School of India University, India
- MBA – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- B.E – University of Madras, Chennai, India
Research and Awards
- Published an article titled, “Is the Grass Greener? On the Strategic Implications of Moving Along the Value Chain for IT Service Providers” (coauthored with Anand Gopal, Balaji Koka, and William Rand), in Information Systems Research (ISR) in 2020.