Associate Professor, Business Foundations
Additional Roles: Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
Phone: (703) 993-4025
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 136
Office Hours: By appointment
Yvonne Demory is Associate Professor of Business Legal Studies. She was named a Dean’s Teaching Fellow 2016-2023. She received her B.A. from the University of Virginia; her J.D. from the Catholic University, Columbus School of Law; and her LL.M from the Georgetown University Law Center. While at the Columbus School of Law, Ms. Demory served on the Law Review as well as the Moot Court. Ms. Demory has taught Legal Environment of Business, Commercial Law, and Employee Relations in the undergraduate program in the College of Business, and she has taught Business Ethics, Legal Environment for Managers and Global Perspectives in Business in the graduate programs. Her research is primarily in employment law presenting papers on such topics as sexual harassment, age discrimination, and disability discrimination. She co-authored a paper related to discrimination in contracting under federal law. Ms. Demory has over twenty years of experience practicing law in the areas of litigation, local government, real estate, and corporate law. She is licensed to practice law in Virginia and the District of Columbia. In 2007, Ms. Demory was appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to serve on the Board of Equalization for Fairfax County. The Board hears real estate tax appeals for residential and commercial properties located throughout Fairfax County. She currently serves as the Chair.
- LLM - Georgetown University
- JD - Catholic University
- BA - University of Virginia
Research and Awards
- Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
- Presented the paper titled “Supreme Court Expands Pool of Title VII Retaliation Claimants Leaving Employers Vulnerable” at the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) in New Orleans, Louisiana in August 2011.
- Presented the paper titled “Plain Purpose v. Plain Language in Title VII Retaliation Claims” at the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) in Richmond, Virginia.