APPLY NOW! Staff Accountant at Wendroff CPA
Wendroff CPA seeks an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. Qualified applicants need to have at least 2 years’ experience with individual and corporate tax preparation, full cycle bookkeeping on the cash and accrual basis, expert knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and Online, Payroll, Word, Excel, Outlook and other accounting software. CPA firm experience is required. The applicant needs to have a take charge attitude and be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) and extremely detailed oriented. Finally, you need to have a passion for accounting and helping entrepreneurs succeed.
At Wendroff CPA You will have a career which is rewarding at every level of the organization. We are committed to providing you with:
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Educational opportunities leading to certifications
- A diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Strong leadership, communication and feedback
- A well balanced lifestyle, which includes teleworking, 4-day work week summer schedule, personal and family time in addition to professional and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to work directly with business and nonprofit leaders on their accounting process. An opportunity to be their trusted advisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of 1120, 1120S, 1065, 990 and 1040 tax returns
- Ability to maintain all business financials including A/P, A/R, payroll, reconciliation of bank and credit card, bank deposits, and journal entries
- Ability to train on QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- File Sales & Use Tax forms
- File local tax forms such as Business License & Business Tangible Property tax returns
- Knowledge in accounting software such as QuickBooks and ability to train junior staff
- Financial Statement Preparation, which includes compilations and reviews
- Tax planning for individuals and businesses
- Ability to research and communicate tax and accounting regulations to assist clients on paying the correct amount of taxes and remaining compliant with federal, state and local governments.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- At least 2 years’ current tax preparation & accounting experience of Private Companies, High Net-Worth Individuals, Trusts & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm
- Experience in with some or all these industries: nonprofits, government contractors, professional services and tech companies
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Payroll Functions and Excel (Experience with Proseries, Checkpoint, XCM, Unanet, Deltek and OnPoint PCR a plus)
- An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Great communicator, detail oriented, take charge personality
Wendroff CPA is centrally located, and is an innovative, entrepreneurial minded accounting firm. We have a laid back, progressive work environment, and our firm is dedicated to helping business owners succeed. Compensation will be based on experience. The CPA firm has a strong teleworking program, 401k, health, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, gym reimbursement and education reimbursement benefits.
Learn more and apply on Handshake [https://gmu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4243689/share_preview] or Wendroff CPA’s website [https://www.wendroffcpa.com/staff-tax-accountant/].